Monday, June 14, 2010

Road to Recovery Day 4

Today was a great day! I washed my hair for the first time since the surgery! And I slept. A lot. I mean...all day long! I don't know why. I made myself lay down in the dark at midnight last night and laid there until 4 am. I checked my phone and I had a message from my daughter, who was still at Lake Eufaula with a minor crisis. (She was fine. It concerned another friend who wasn't being responsible.) About 6 am, the itching from the Percocet was driving me INSANE so I took a Nyquil liquigel (no Benedryl sitting around). I think I was finally truly awake about 3 pm and wanting a shower. And my hair washed!

And you can't see the big, bad, bald spot now! I even did a "comb-over" by parting my hair on the right instead of the left so there would be more hair available to cover the spot up.

My throat doesn't hurt anymore, but my sense of taste is completely different. Everything tastes funny, especially dairy. Is this normal? Does anyone else with a CI experience this? I can't really tell what it is, but I keep thinking metallic or Chloraseptic. And I've had it since I woke up from the anesthesia.

No comments: