Monday, June 14, 2010

Road to Recovery Day 5

Today, I…
  • Slept
  • Ate Chinese Food that tasted “funny” because of my sense of taste has been affected
  • Watched Alice in Wonderland completely stoned on Percocet
  • Ate a half a bag of Spree
  • Slept some more
  • Watched Alice in Wonderland again, well, started to watch it then saw the “Eat Me” cake and sent the kid to the store for Little Debbies. And then we finished watching the movie for the 2nd time.
  • Read some blogs about the Real Housewives. Danielle is a complete psychopath btw
  • Harvested my crops on Farmville
  • And then, I tried not to get pissy about some comments made on my recovery blog.
I’m blogging for the benefit of my hearing friends who want to know about the cochlear implant and as a diary for myself. Yes, the doctor has done everything he’s supposed to do. Just because I don’t remember everything doesn’t mean the doctor did anything wrong. It means I’m getting old, my memory isn’t what it should be, and right now I’m on painkillers and not even sure what day it is half the time. I’m lucky to remember my name right now.

I woke up this evening thinking I was late for my doctor’s appointment because it was almost 8:00. It was 8:00 PM on Tuesday. My doctor appointment isn’t until 1:15 PM Thursday. I’m loopy. My blogs are reflecting my state of mind right now. My daughter’s boyfriend is laughing his arse off at me. The last thing in the world I need right now is some stranger commenting on my recovery blog that I'm doing something wrong or insinuating that my doctor did something wrong.

My head hurts. I feel like I’m wearing a cheap-ass head band and its digging into the left side of my head behind my ear. Advil isn’t helping. I gave up and took a Perc. I don’t want to take the Percs because I’m afraid of addiction. Ice packs help a little bit.

No one took me to Walmart this evening. Charlie doesn’t want to go at all, because he’s enjoying hermitting himself. I’m tired of being stuck in the house. But after a few minutes of being out today, I started hurting and feeling nauseous. I don’t think that was all to do with the surgery. It’s hot here right now and the sun is more than I can handle. I keep telling Charlie I want to move to Oregon or Washington. He keeps saying I wouldn’t like it because of all the rain. Hell, I don’t have a problem with the rain. It’s the sun I can’t stand anymore. I’ll move to Oregon or Washington before I move to Phoenix!

Just call me the "Mad Blogger".

No comments: