Thursday, April 19, 2007

That’s Gonna Leave a Mark!

I went to the neurologist today and after about half an hour of being poked, prodded, shocked, and jabbed, the doctor says I have a classic case of carpal tunnel in my right hand. If you've never been tested for carpal tunnel, you're missing out. NOT! After doing the standard reflex testing with the rubber mallet, the doctor hooked me up to this computerized "torture device" and administered a series of electric shocks as well as stuck a needle into several different muscles and tested my reactions.

While hooked up to the machine with little blue electrodes and alligator clips, all I could think of was, "Wow, Angela would really get a kick out of this!"

My right arm is so sore right now I feel like I did a complete work out with it. I'm ready to pop a couple of pain pills and pass out for the rest of the night. I've got to wear a wrist splint now while I'm sleeping. I've been wearing one on occasion so I won't use my wrist so much.

No comments: