Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chlorinating the Gene Pool

Charlie and I watched The Darwin Awards this evening. I learned that many accidental deaths are caused by:

  1. Unregulated military surplus
  2. Second children who do stupid things to get attention
  3. Drug and alcohol use

After the movie, I viewed the Darwin Awards website and I can't believe how stupid some people can be! And don't forget to check out the Honorable Mentions: stories of stupid people who actually survived their own attemps to chlorinate the gene pool

Someone in the chatroom last night claims Barack Obama said in a Barbara Walters special as saying he was going back to his Muslim roots. The entire special is on ABC website, but without captions, I can't verify this. Almost everyone I know that didn't want Obama as president is STILL playing into that fear game. The saddest thing is, most of these people claim to be "Christians". Whatever happened to "there is no fear in love" and "perfect love casts out fear" ?

Why is it so difficult for people to believe that Obama and his familiy are Christians? I know plenty of people who claim to be Christians but don't live a Christian life in any way, shape or form. I don't think Jesus would get drunk, have sex outside of marriage, or think up new ways to bully people. And what's wrong with our political leaders being Muslim anyway? America was founded on religious freedom and one of the greatest things about living here is the diversity of cultures, races and religions.

I haven't done much today except CRAMP. So the better part of the day was spent in bed. Almost 2 years after my Novasure surgery was done, I still have problems but no where near as bad as they used to be.

No comments: